Introduction

Hello everyone! 

My name is Emilia and I'm a 2nd year sociology student at UBC. I was born and raised in Helsinki, Finland, where I'll be spending this winter term. When I started at UBC I had planned to major in cognitive systems, which then turned out to be the wrong program for me. Hence, I changed into sociology and now I'm considering taking Latin American Studies either as another major or as a minor. My interest in Latin America primarily comes from my high school exchange year to Argentina. I spent a year living in Córdoba Capital, went to school there and experienced their day-to-day life. I fell in love with the culture, language and their way of living. I was also able to visit Uruguay, Brazil, Paraguay and later on (last reading week, hahah) Mexico. I am not sure where a passion like this could lead in the future, but for now I am excited to gain insight of the region from an academic perspective. I look forward to gain a better understanding of the Latin American societies and the issues they are facing with there today. I am very excited for this class, and I hope it'll be a great one!! 

-Emi


Kommentit

  1. Hi Emilia,

    I loved your introduction post!!! I didn't know that you are a sociology major. That's so cool! Which place did you visit in Brazil?

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Week 12: Speaking Truth to Power

Week 13: Towards an Uncertain Future